Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Sweet Sweet Roo


Ok so Kelbee got a checkbook from Brie to "play" with. She thought that it was for real, but I didn't know that. I thought she was just playing around too. Well she wrote out a check to Jeff and Missy for our flights this summer and for some tu-tus. Then she wrote me this check so that I "could get a car or something that I wanted". I said "oh Roo you are so sweet, thank you so much" and hung it up as one of my most prized posessions. Last night at the bow party she started picking out what she wanted and got out her checkbook to pay for it. Which is when I realized that she thought that it was for real. I had to take her into the other room and tell her that it was just for play. She started bawling and said "that means that all of the other checks I wrote aren't real are they?" She was crushed. She thought that she had helped me and Todd out financially. Writing this is making me cry. I love her so much and hope she always knows that. Could I ask for a sweeter child?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Margo said...

That is the most precious story. What a little cutie pie. She really loves you guys.

Our Sweet Life said...

Kelbee, we love you so much! Thanks for always being a great example of kindness and for taking care of your mom.
This is perhaps one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard.

Michelle and Caleb said...

That is so cute. Kids are so great aren't they? You have great girls. They are so cute just like their mom.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Sometimes I swear they are like grown ups in little kids bodies. I love their innocence. Some of the things Asha has said to me when Im upset are amazing. Its like they are constantly teaching you how to act and how to be a better person.

Terry said...

Krysta, That is really the most precious thing I have heard in a while! You are such a darling mom and your girls are fabulous! I love you!