Tuesday, June 30, 2009

If Today Were Your Last...

On the way home from picking up the girls tonight I saw a church that always has sayings that I love to read. It said..."If today were your last, how would you spend it?" Being the end of the day I started thinking about my life and if I would be happy if it were my last. To me it was just another ordinary day. But looking back I realized how truly blessed I am for all of the little things. It started off at 6:10 this morning with Todd waking me up with breakfast in bed (ok, now that was out of the ordinary), I went to the Temple that is only 15 minutes away, when I got home I played outside with my girls all afternoon, and then went on a date with my handsome hubby. As I pondered the events of today and how mundane they all seemed, I thought "I think I would be happy if this is how I went out." Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon-I still have a lot of work to do! I try daily to live up to one of my favorite quotes: "I hope when my children look back on today, they see a mommy who had time to play!"

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so impressed with you Krista! I think your an amazing woman. Very funny too! Don't 'go out' on us anytime soon.
I go by a 'live for today' theory. I try not to worry too much about any one thing, and enjoy what I have now. Works pretty good.

Katie Meadows said...

Krysta,

I haven't talked to you forever but you seem like such an awesome Mommy! I just saw that you are having another baby, so am I! I am due only 5 days after you :) Congrats!!

Katie