Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sink or Swim

Time is going by far to quickly. There are so many times that I feel like it's either sink or swim. So...it's time for me to swim. I need to remember all the reasons I love being a mom. I don't want to forget all the little things like...The late night feedings where it is only me and Wyatt. When he's done nursing and he has milk drool running down his face and is punch drunk. Where I am the only one that can comfort him. (Sometimes that is so overwhelming but at the same time so reassuring. At least one of my kids still needs me!) The smell of him after he just had a bath. The way he looks at me like I'm his whole world and flashes his beautiful smile. The sound of Brylee's voice when she first wakes up and demands chocat mik! How she'll grab my face and turn it to where she is just to tell me she loves me. When I'm leaving the girls room at night and as I'm closing the door I hear Raimee tell me "Thanks for being the best mommy in da ho wold." Watching Kelbee get out of the car every morning to go to school and knowing that she is making good choices. To say the least-this has been quite the adjustment, having four kids. But every day I'm blessed to see the hand of Heavenly Father in my life. Last Wednesday was Todd's first day back to work. I was so overwhelmed doing the whole nightly routine by myself and without them even knowing that - I had three wonderful women in my ward stop by my house. One to give me a warm loaf of banana bread and to see how I was. Another to give me a present for Wyatt and to see how I was. And the the other to bring me cupcakes and to see how I was. After the kids were all in bed that night I sat there thinking about all of Heavenly Father's tender mercies. I have been given such wonderful friends and family. Thank you everyone for all your help in keeping me afloat!!

6 comments:

The Knudsen Klan said...

I am so glad to be able to feel your strength and love through this computer at work in the middle of the night. I don't know how long it has been since I cried in the middle of the night. Thank you for bringing the greatest family into my life. I am so glad to be with you! Wow, I sure wish that I could be home right now. I sure miss you guys. All My Love - Sweet Bug

Tabitha said...

I like you! Let's be friends again...k? (:

Our Sweet Life said...

You are the best swimmer I know!! I love you!

Danielle said...

You have one neat guy for a husband! Wow! You are a great mom too! All of you kids are so good and dang cute!

Sheri Keilman Photography said...

Hey sweetie, you are such a strength to me and those around you, I miss you! I listened to a caller on Dr. Laura last week, a mom with a new little baby who was overwhelmed with all of the things she isn't getting done each day with her other kids and around the house, and just feeling stressed all the time...so Dr. Laura said, ok, lets take right now for example, what "could" stress you out right now. And she said, well I'm holding my baby as we speak and I'm trying to feed him and he's playing around and won't eat, so I want him to eat so I can put him down and get to my other chores but everytime I talk to you he just stops and smiles. And Dr. Laura said...imagine that...YOU are more important to him than FOOD. He would rather not eat just to listen to your voice. So often we are in such a hurry to get on to the next thing we "have" to do, that we miss out on those tender moments that are so much more important than all the dishes and laundry in the world. Just always remember, the dishes and laundry will still be there long after your precious darlings are grown up and gone, so enjoy every one of those special moments, including the tantrums, the messes, etc. I was thinking when I heard this call how OFTEN I get after my kids at the dinner table when we are trying to eat, to stop goofing around and laughing and playing at the table, when after a busy day and dad gone all day, this is the first time the whole family is together and they are happy and goofy, so I'm now deciding...big deal if it takes a little longer to eat dinner, how much better to allow them to be silly and have fun memories of us together at the dinner table as a family, then have a quiet dinner every night :-) I love you, and you guys are in my thoughts even if we're miles away :-)

Nammi said...

You are such a good mom in so many ways. I think the advice from your friend Sheri and Dr Laura says it all. We need to slow down and take time for all those little things in life and hold them dear to us. That's what you're always telling me to do - now I get to tell you the same things. These days will be gone before you know it and you'll be off to other stages of your life, so enjoy this now. I love you so much - you're an example to so many. Just keep being you - and keep loving your family the way you do. The rest will all fall into place.