Sunday, July 13, 2008

5K Lavendar Days Run


All of us girls right before the race started
My mom pushing the girls for the last 2 miles. I had to make sure to stay right in front of her so I didn't feel "so" fat and out of shape!!

Right before I passed out after the finish line! Not to brag but I came in 257th!!

Brylee enjoying the bagels after her long ride in the stroller


Me, Tonya, Brie, Brylee and Abbi. This was about a mile from the finish line and seemed like a fabulous excuse to stop and have a rest. My mom and sister Brie had been training to run 5K's and somehow talked me and Tonya into it. It was such a pretty morning. I think the highlight of the race was when we passed the first mile marker and it had only taken us 16 minutes. When we got to the finish line we found out that the fastest person had finished in 15 minutes and a few seconds. I knew I was going to get a trophy forsure!!

2 comments:

Our Sweet Life said...

You are hilarious! What a fun race. Thanks for the memories.

The Carter Family said...

Congrats! I think I would kill over and die if I tried to run ANYTHING. Especially a 5K. Good job