Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The 10 Virgins


Katie and Me

Me and my lamp


The 10 virgins + the narrator. What a wonderful experience this was for me. I feel very blessed to have been apart of it. I know that Heavenly Father had to have had a hand in it for them to ask me to dance!! The ward that we live in is amazing. These women all glow with the spirit. When I first got the script I didn't read all the way through it before practice. I just assumed that I was a wise one. I mean, people always play opposite of themselves. When I got to practice and we were going through it and I saw that I was a foolish one I was sad. I really don't think that I could have asked for anything better for my life though. I feel like I try hard to do what is right and blah, blah, blah. But doing this helped me realize how important all the everyday little things are. I realized that I need to put my scripture reading and temple attendance ahead of doing other things. I have started to actually search the scriptures and ponder them instead of just getting through the next chapter. Not having a lot in monetary things is sometimes really hard for me. But through this, and the past few months I have tried to find joy in the things that I have instead of always wanting more.

4 comments:

LiNdSaY said...

how fun. i wish i was there! your hair is really cute.

Hadley's said...

You are so AWESOME Krysta!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your darling little family!!

Sheri Keilman said...

You did such a fabulous job, I'm so glad you were able to participate in it, it was such a spiritual program!

the Kargis Family said...

This was so amazing. it's funny how I totally related with the foolish ones too. It was an eye opener in a good way. Thanks for participating.